Risk Based Performance Management Workshop
November 16th & 17th 2012
To effectively manage and monitor the relationship between risk appetite and risk exposure, thus driving strategic execution, organisations need to move beyond traditional, siloed performance and risk management approaches and instead take an integrated and aligned approach.
This interactive ‘bootcamp’ workshop will provide attendees with a deep understanding of developing and implementing a strategy and risk management framework, based on the Risk-based Performance Management methodology. It will touch on the methodologies from which it evolved, Balanced Scorecard, COSO and ISO31000, and then move on to show how to use the methodology to integrate and align strategy execution and risk management processes to deliver the organisation’s strategic and regulatory objectives.
Attendees will gain detailed knowledge of enterprise and operational risk management and how to integrate into, and align with business strategy. They will also gain practical insights into developing a strategy and risk framework and an overview of the steps to complete and implement such a framework. Additionally, during the bootcamp all participants will have the opportunity to apply their learning to their own organisation during interactive sessions where they will develop an initial strategy and risk framework for their own organisation.
- To gain an understanding of the Risk-Based Performance Management methodology;
- To develop an understanding of risk appetite and a clear, actionable framework for defining your risk appetite;
- To understand the relationship between strategic objectives, risk appetite and risk exposure and tools for managing this relationship;
- To understand the role of strategic objectives and key risks, how to define, integrate and align these;
- To understand the role of initiatives and actions, and how they are aligned to drive your complete change agenda;
- To understand the role of risk and control assessment and key indicators and how assessment and indicator data can be used together to drive better decision-making;
- To gain a detailed understanding of the Risk-Based Performance Management implementation roadmap;
- To gain an understanding of the Risk-Based Performance Management Maturity Model and how it can be used before, during and after implementation of a new strategy and risk framework;
- To develop a ‘first draft’ strategy and risk framework for each participants organisation.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is recommended for Executives, Managers, Planners and Analysts who are seeking the best practical ideas in improving strategic execution, and in particular, in integrating and aligning corporate performance and risk management processes
Date & Location
The Risk-Based Performance Management Bootcamp workshop will be held between November 16th & 17th 2012 in Lagos, Nigeria (Venue TBC). To register your interest in this event, please provide your contact information here: Lagos Event Page.